[P4-dev] Error: Table has no action my_drop

Harsh Gondaliya harshgondaliya_vinodbhai at srmuniv.edu.in
Fri Jun 7 04:47:02 EDT 2019

I used install-p4dev-p4runtime.sh script from
https://github.com/jafingerhut/p4-guide to build behavioral model, p4c
compiler and simple_switch.

Then I compiled the demo1 program
https://github.com/jafingerhut/p4-guide/tree/master/demo1 and ran the
simple_switch. Now, when I am trying to add table entries using
simple_switch_CLI, it gives me these errors.
---------------
Control utility for runtime P4 table manipulation
RuntimeCmd: table_set_default ipv4_da_lpm my_drop
Error: Table ipv4_da_lpm has no action my_drop
RuntimeCmd: table_set_default mac_da my_drop
Error: Table mac_da has no action my_drop
RuntimeCmd: table_set_default send_frame my_drop
Error: Table send_frame has no action my_drop
RuntimeCmd:
I checked the demo1 p4 program and it does have a definition for my_drop
action. Still, I am getting this error. I am aware of some changes that
need to be made for mark_to_drop(stdmeta) function call (troubleshooting
steps
<https://github.com/jafingerhut/p4-guide/blob/master/README-troubleshooting.md#compiler-gives-error-message-about-mark_to_drop>
Last
topic, 2nd bullet point, 1st one doesn't work for me), but don't know exact
steps to solve this.  Can I get some help as to how this error can be
resolved?