[P4-dev] p4info not generated by p4c

Harsh Gondaliya harshgondaliya_vinodbhai at srmuniv.edu.in
Mon Jun 10 03:25:54 EDT 2019

I am compiling the basic.p4 program from p4lang/tutorials/exercises using
the command:

p4 at p4-VirtualBox:~/p4-setup/exercises/basic$ p4c --target bmv2 --arch
v1model --p4runtime-files basic.p4rt.txt basic.p4

The .json and .p4rt file are generated but no build directory or the p4info
file (basic.p4.p4info.txt) is being generated when the compilation ends. I
tried the same command with p4c-bm2-ss too, but no results.

What can be done in this case?

*I had installed p4c using **install-p4dev-p4runtime.sh* *script available
on *https://github.com/jafingerhut/p4-guide. I have filed an issue there.