[P4-dev] Questions concerning BMv2

Michael Höflmaier mhoeflmaier.its-m2018 at fh-salzburg.ac.at
Thu May 7 05:22:45 EDT 2020

Dear p4-devs,

I have two questions concerning BMv2:

    1. What types of interfaces can be used with BMv2? I already asked this on BMv2-GitHub, but no one had any experience on this question. I already experimented by passing an VCAN-interfaces to the simple-switch -i argument and this succeeded. Nevertheless, is it possible to pass any kind of interface-type within the Linux-kernel to BMv2 or are there any restriction? Is there any documentation on this topic at all, because I found none.
    2. Is it possible to extend the number of multicast-groups beyond 16 bit? If yes: Where can I adjust this? I already tried to find evidence on this cap, but found none.

I would be very grateful if your experience could help me resolve my questions.

Best regards
Michael Höflmaier