[P4-discuss] Plans for p4 developer tooling, like editors?

Changhoon Kim chang at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Feb 10 00:08:09 EST 2016

Hi David,

I suspect some providers of P4-programmable targets might have their own
IDEs (or IDE-like tools) for their customers. P4.org doesn't particularly
maintain such a public tool as open source at this point, but we could
start a project to build such an open-source tool in the future when we see
lots of demand -- or better yet, who knows whether someone passionate about
such a tool might develop one and contribute it to P4.org? :)

Btw, I know some P4 authors have at least come up with a
P4-syntax-highlighting config for emacs or vim. I'll encourage them to
share such config.

-- Chang