[P4-discuss] P4 v1.1 prototype implementation
antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Thu Feb 25 19:35:43 EST 2016
We are happy to announce that we have released a prototype implementation
of the P4 v1.1 spec on p4lang. This release includes:
- a P4 v1.1 frontend
- an update to the bmv2 compiler backend to support P4 v1.1
- an example P4 v1.1 program with a running demo
We are releasing this code in the hope of receiving feedback on P4 v1.1
from the community, which will help the P4 working groups with future
revisions of the language. For now, P4 v1.0 will remain the main P4 version
To experiment with P4 v1.1, here are a few pointers:
- checkout the p4v1.1 branch of p4-hlir (
https://github.com/p4lang/p4-hlir/tree/p4v1.1) and install it
This will not override your P4 v1.0 installation but will give you access
to p4-v1.1-validate (in addition to p4-validate).
- update your bmv2 compiler (https://github.com/p4lang/p4c-bm) and your
bmv2 switch (https://github.com/p4lang/behavioral-model)
- take a look at our v1.1 example:
Let us know if you have any questions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the P4-discuss