[P4-discuss] headers syntax

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Thu May 12 17:47:13 EDT 2016

Hi Ori,

You are referring to 2 different versions of the P4 language. 1)
corresponds to P4 v1.1, while 2) corresponds to P4 v1.0. The specs for both
versions are available on p4.org: http://p4.org/spec/

The officially supported version on p4lang is P4 v1.0. However we do have
some limited P4 v1.1 support available. You can refer to this email I sent
to the p4-dev mailing list a couple months ago:
http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/2016-February/000179.html
In particular we provide a p4-hlir package for P4 v1.1, which is able to
parse and verify P4 v1.1 code. The bmv2 compiler also supports P4 v1.1
through a command line switch.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best,

Antonin