[P4-discuss] P4 support on network switches

Vladimir Gurevich vladimir.gurevich at barefootnetworks.com
Thu Sep 8 19:24:38 EDT 2016

Hello Syed,

I'd like to direct your attention to the website of Barefoot Networks
<https://barefootnetworks.com> (https://barefootnetworks.com), the company
I work for. If you search the Internet, using, for example, the term "p4
switch Barefoot" you will see that we've recently announced a
fully-programmabe 6.5Tbps switch and P4 is exactly the language that the
switch is programmed in.

You can also visit p4.org and learn about (and download if you like) the
behavioral model (BMv2) as well as a reference data plane program
(switch.p4) that was successfully integrated in a number of open-source
projects, including OpenSwitch and SONiC.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Syed Faraz Ali <farazali86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My question is related to P4 support on network switches.
> I googled and names of Netronome, Xilinx, Huawei, Intel, etc. popped up
> that they demonstrated P4 running on FPGAs and NICs.
> Is there any vendor who support P4 language on hardware switches?
> Also, P4 language has its own P4 software switch. Are there any other
> vendors (like OVS or Ericsson softswitch) where P4 can run?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Faraz

*Vladimir Gurevich*