[P4-discuss] P4 support on network switches

Humberto Galiza humbertogaliza at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:57:41 EDT 2016

Hi Syed,

I’m not 100% sure about hardware switches (I remember reading something about Barefoot Networks), but recently ONOS project announced (experimental) support for running P4 via Behavioral Model v2 (BMv2).
You can play around with P4, ONOS, and mininet:

https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ONOS/P4+Experimental+Support+via+BMv2 <https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ONOS/P4+Experimental+Support+via+BMv2>

They presented a poster about it last SIGCOMM 2016, and the demo source code is available for download (which includes interesting P4 applications, such as weighted ECMP load-balancing).

• Poster: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18ANmUp9hP4dDPw9ie2RtcHcennPDnrpKCWqyrJLAif4/edit?usp=sharing <http://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18ANmUp9hP4dDPw9ie2RtcHcennPDnrpKCWqyrJLAif4/edit?usp=sharing>

Thanks,