[P4-discuss] P4 support on network cards

Pavel Benacek benacek at cesnet.cz
Tue Sep 13 07:49:29 EDT 2016

Hi Aaron,

I am working as a researcher and we are interested in translation of P4 to VHDL (some info herehttps://www.liberouter.org/technologies/p4/). There is a paper which introduces our preliminary results for parser (https://www.liberouter.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/p4.pdf) and we are still working on new functionality. So far, we are able to generate the P4 pipeline (including Match+Action tables and Deparser). We use the Virtex-7 based NIC from Netcope Technologies (http://www.netcope.com/en).

Unfortunately, our translator is not available under open source license but it is marketed by Netcope.

Best,
Pavel