[P4-discuss] P4-HLIR for P4 16

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Jan 4 04:21:33 EST 2017

Hi Pavel,

I believe it is expected that new compiler backends will use the C++
implementation directly, which is what the 2 publicly available backends on
p4lang/p4c (bmv2 and ebpf) do. AFAIK, there is a plan to provide the
ability to serialize the P4_16 C++ IR to JSON (?), which means one could
build a backend in Python using that serialization, but I don't think this
is available yet.