p4-dev@lists.p4.org

list for questions/discussion of p4 programs and tools

View all threads

Can we implement the following code snippet in P4 switches

DD
Debobroto Das
Wed, Nov 25, 2020 8:34 AM

Hello everyone,

Assume following 2 register array

register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1;
register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1;

Now assume the code snippet

array1.read(x, index);
array2.read(y, x);
//do some action and set -- value = y * some other value;
array1.write(index, value);

Is it possible to implement this code snippet in Tofino chip based
switches?

I do not have access to P4 hardwares at this moment.
I badly need to get the idea that, is it possible to use this code in P4
programs for real life deployment.

Hello everyone, Assume following 2 register array register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1; register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1; Now assume the code snippet array1.read(x, index); array2.read(y, x); //do some action and set -- value = y * some other value; array1.write(index, value); Is it possible to implement this code snippet in Tofino chip based switches? I do not have access to P4 hardwares at this moment. I badly need to get the idea that, is it possible to use this code in P4 programs for real life deployment.
hemant@mnkcg.com
Wed, Nov 25, 2020 3:18 PM

Please contact Barefoot/Intel Tofino support.  P4-dev is not used to discuss a
proprietary p4c backend.  Also, if you sign an NDA with Intel, you can get the
Tofino compiler tools chains for free and you can test your P4 programs using
the Tofino simulator.

Hemant

//do some action and set -- value = y * some other value;

array1.write(index, value);

Is it possible to implement this code snippet in Tofino chip based switches?

I do not have access to P4 hardwares at this moment.

I badly need to get the idea that, is it possible to use this code in P4
programs for real life deployment.

Please contact Barefoot/Intel Tofino support. P4-dev is not used to discuss a proprietary p4c backend. Also, if you sign an NDA with Intel, you can get the Tofino compiler tools chains for free and you can test your P4 programs using the Tofino simulator. Hemant From: P4-dev <p4-dev-bounces@lists.p4.org> On Behalf Of Debobroto Das Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 3:35 AM To: p4-dev <p4-dev@lists.p4.org> Subject: [P4-dev] Can we implement the following code snippet in P4 switches Hello everyone, Assume following 2 register array register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1; register<bit<48>>(32w8192) array1; Now assume the code snippet array1.read(x, index); array2.read(y, x); //do some action and set -- value = y * some other value; array1.write(index, value); Is it possible to implement this code snippet in Tofino chip based switches? I do not have access to P4 hardwares at this moment. I badly need to get the idea that, is it possible to use this code in P4 programs for real life deployment.