p4-dev@lists.p4.org

list for questions/discussion of p4 programs and tools

View all threads

Brebner appointed as P4 Architecture Working Group Co-Chair

NF
Nate Foster
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 1:13 PM

Dear P4 Enthusiasts,

I’m delighted to announce that Gordon Brebner (Xilinx) has agreed to lead
the P4 Architecture Working Group, joining Andy Fingerhut (Intel) as
co-chair. Working group co-chairs are appointed by the P4 Chief Architect
and typically serve a 3-year term.

Gordon has been a leading figure in the P4 community for many years, and
has been involved with developing languages for programmable forwarding
longer than that. He served as co-chair of the P4 Language Design Working
Group from 2015-2018 and was the recipient of the 2018 P4 Distinguished
Service Award. The citation for that award was as follows:

As one of the stewards of the P4 language, Gordon has provided essential

leadership and guidance through the early years of the development of the
language. He has been a tireless advocate for the elegant and yet pragmatic
design that can be seen in many of the language’s features. At Xilinx,
Gordon also led development of a P4-enabled target, building on his decades
of expertise implementing efficient packet-processing engines using FPGAs.

In his new role, Gordon will provide guidance for the P4 Architecture
Working Group as they work to develop new architecture specifications and
reference implementations. Architectures for programmable NICs are expected
to be a focus of the group over the next few months, and Gordon’s
considerable experience with P4, NICs, and reconfigurable architectures
will be extremely valuable.

Please join me in thanking Gordon for agreeing to serve. I look forward to
seeing what the P4 Architecture Working Group produces in the coming years!

Best wishes,
Nate Foster

[...]
NM
Nick McKeown
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 1:30 PM

Congratulations Gordon - and thank you for your long history of dedication
to P4, ever since the early days. It's great to have you part of the team.

  • Nick

--
Nick McKeown 马格理
Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Nate Foster jnfoster@cs.cornell.edu wrote:

[...]

P4-announce mailing list
P4-announce@lists.p4.org

Congratulations Gordon - and thank you for your long history of dedication to P4, ever since the early days. It's great to have you part of the team. - Nick -- Nick McKeown 马格理 Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Stanford University, CA 94305-9030https://www.stanford.edu/~nickm On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 2:14 PM Nate Foster <jnfoster@cs.cornell.edu> wrote: > Dear P4 Enthusiasts, > > I’m delighted to announce that Gordon Brebner (Xilinx) has agreed to lead > the P4 Architecture Working Group, joining Andy Fingerhut (Intel) as > co-chair. Working group co-chairs are appointed by the P4 Chief Architect > and typically serve a 3-year term. > > Gordon has been a leading figure in the P4 community for many years, and > has been involved with developing languages for programmable forwarding > longer than that. He served as co-chair of the P4 Language Design Working > Group from 2015-2018 and was the recipient of the 2018 P4 Distinguished > Service Award. The citation for that award was as follows: > > As one of the stewards of the P4 language, Gordon has provided essential >> leadership and guidance through the early years of the development of the >> language. He has been a tireless advocate for the elegant and yet pragmatic >> design that can be seen in many of the language’s features. At Xilinx, >> Gordon also led development of a P4-enabled target, building on his decades >> of expertise implementing efficient packet-processing engines using FPGAs. > > > In his new role, Gordon will provide guidance for the P4 Architecture > Working Group as they work to develop new architecture specifications and > reference implementations. Architectures for programmable NICs are expected > to be a focus of the group over the next few months, and Gordon’s > considerable experience with P4, NICs, and reconfigurable architectures > will be extremely valuable. > > Please join me in thanking Gordon for agreeing to serve. I look forward to > seeing what the P4 Architecture Working Group produces in the coming years! > > Best wishes, > Nate Foster > _______________________________________________ > P4-announce mailing list > P4-announce@lists.p4.org > http://lists.p4.org/mailman/listinfo/p4-announce_lists.p4.org >
hemant@mnkcg.com
Thu, Oct 15, 2020 2:11 PM

Congratulation Gordon! I have always loved working with Gordon since I started working with P4.

Hemant

Congratulation Gordon! I have always loved working with Gordon since I started working with P4. Hemant From: P4-dev <p4-dev-bounces@lists.p4.org> On Behalf Of Nate Foster Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:13 AM To: p4-announce <p4-announce@lists.p4.org>; p4-dev <p4-dev@lists.p4.org>; p4-arch@lists.p4.org Subject: [P4-dev] Brebner appointed as P4 Architecture Working Group Co-Chair Dear P4 Enthusiasts, I’m delighted to announce that Gordon Brebner (Xilinx) has agreed to lead the P4 Architecture Working Group, joining Andy Fingerhut (Intel) as co-chair. Working group co-chairs are appointed by the P4 Chief Architect and typically serve a 3-year term. Gordon has been a leading figure in the P4 community for many years, and has been involved with developing languages for programmable forwarding longer than that. He served as co-chair of the P4 Language Design Working Group from 2015-2018 and was the recipient of the 2018 P4 Distinguished Service Award. The citation for that award was as follows: As one of the stewards of the P4 language, Gordon has provided essential leadership and guidance through the early years of the development of the language. He has been a tireless advocate for the elegant and yet pragmatic design that can be seen in many of the language’s features. At Xilinx, Gordon also led development of a P4-enabled target, building on his decades of expertise implementing efficient packet-processing engines using FPGAs. In his new role, Gordon will provide guidance for the P4 Architecture Working Group as they work to develop new architecture specifications and reference implementations. Architectures for programmable NICs are expected to be a focus of the group over the next few months, and Gordon’s considerable experience with P4, NICs, and reconfigurable architectures will be extremely valuable. Please join me in thanking Gordon for agreeing to serve. I look forward to seeing what the P4 Architecture Working Group produces in the coming years! Best wishes, Nate Foster