p4-dev@lists.p4.org

list for questions/discussion of p4 programs and tools

View all threads

How can add different P4 programs to different switches in mininet setting?

SG
Sahil Gupta
Sun, Feb 7, 2021 4:40 PM

Hi all,

I have a topology of three P4 routers for my experiments.
I want different P4 programs to be installed in each one.

Currently, I run make command on the terminal to run the whole system.
Is there any facility in mininet to pass three P4 programs from the command
line itself?
If not, what would be the hard way then to do the same using the mininet
itself?

Regards
Sahil Gupta

Hi all, I have a topology of three P4 routers for my experiments. I want different P4 programs to be installed in each one. Currently, I run make command on the terminal to run the whole system. Is there any facility in mininet to pass three P4 programs from the command line itself? If not, what would be the hard way then to do the same using the mininet itself? Regards Sahil Gupta
EO
Eder Ollora Zaballa
Sun, Feb 7, 2021 5:35 PM

Hi,

It seems that this might be supported now, at least in the tutorials.

You can see that the firewall exercise: https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/tree/master/exercises/firewall, has a "program" parameter in this file: https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/master/exercises/firewall/pod-topo/topology.json . I think you can there define each compiled P4 propram to be assigned to specific switches.

Cheers,

I have a topology of three P4 routers for my experiments.
I want different P4 programs to be installed in each one.

Currently, I run make command on the terminal to run the whole system.
Is there any facility in mininet to pass three P4 programs from the command line itself?
If not, what would be the hard way then to do the same using the mininet itself?

Regards
Sahil Gupta

Hi, It seems that this might be supported now, at least in the tutorials. You can see that the firewall exercise: https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/tree/master/exercises/firewall, has a "program" parameter in this file: https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/master/exercises/firewall/pod-topo/topology.json . I think you can there define each compiled P4 propram to be assigned to specific switches. Cheers, ________________________________ From: Sahil Gupta <sg5414@rit.edu> Sent: 07 February 2021 17:40 To: p4-dev <p4-dev@lists.p4.org> Subject: [P4-dev] How can add different P4 programs to different switches in mininet setting? Hi all, I have a topology of three P4 routers for my experiments. I want different P4 programs to be installed in each one. Currently, I run make command on the terminal to run the whole system. Is there any facility in mininet to pass three P4 programs from the command line itself? If not, what would be the hard way then to do the same using the mininet itself? Regards Sahil Gupta
SG
Sahil Gupta
Sun, Feb 7, 2021 5:51 PM

Thanks Eder Ollora.
🙂

Thanks Eder Ollora. 🙂 On Sun, Feb 7, 2021, 12:35 PM Eder Ollora Zaballa <eoza@fotonik.dtu.dk> wrote: > Hi, > > It seems that this might be supported now, at least in the tutorials. > > You can see that the firewall exercise: > https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/tree/master/exercises/firewall, has a > "program" parameter in this file: > https://github.com/p4lang/tutorials/blob/master/exercises/firewall/pod-topo/topology.json . > I think you can there define each compiled P4 propram to be assigned to > specific switches. > > > Cheers, > ------------------------------ > *From:* Sahil Gupta <sg5414@rit.edu> > *Sent:* 07 February 2021 17:40 > *To:* p4-dev <p4-dev@lists.p4.org> > *Subject:* [P4-dev] How can add different P4 programs to different > switches in mininet setting? > > Hi all, > > I have a topology of three P4 routers for my experiments. > I want different P4 programs to be installed in each one. > > Currently, I run make command on the terminal to run the whole system. > Is there any facility in mininet to pass three P4 programs from the > command line itself? > If not, what would be the hard way then to do the same using the mininet > itself? > > Regards > Sahil Gupta > >